Back To Home Page

Forum Home     Forum Search     Your Profile / Register     User List     Log In     Log Out     Disclaimer    

Forum Topics > Drugs in Musculoskeletal Medicine > Endep,...what is it? > Post a Reply to this Thread
Endep,...what is it?
Bombers
Bombers
RE: Endep,...what is it?
Tue, May 30 2006 4:47 PM

Dr John Orchard hey!!
I'll have to search for the inflammatory cascade and see how paracetamol can affect it. Very interesting.

People say I'm bias........

Achilles
Achilles
Tue, May 30 2006 2:34 PM

Wish i knew the real answer to that one, it has been reported by sources i would like to believe to trust ie; Nick Maffuli and (Dr John Orchard reports similar things).

Both experts on tendon pathology/investigation.

Actually Dr Orchard, reports that paracetamol may work better for superficial inlfam over anti-inflam and i thought they were more of an analgesic???

But then how complex is that inflammatory cascade - where does one begin?

inquisitive
inquisitive
Fri, May 26 2006 1:27 PM

Why, how? How would they decrease pain? Don't they just disrupt the the inflammatory cascade?

keep it simple stupid

Achilles
Achilles
Fri, May 26 2006 12:35 PM

Yes it has been reported in achilles tendinopathy articles when looking at the validity of anti-inflams that there is a small analgesic effect, though not their main characteristic.

inquisitive
inquisitive
Thu, May 25 2006 9:41 PM

Do topical anti-inflams have an analgaesic affect? I thought they were just for superficial inflammation? ANd topical analgaesics were for pain relief?

keep it simple stupid

Achilles
Achilles
Thu, May 25 2006 9:05 PM

On musculoskeletal drugs.................is there any,........ANY evidence to suggest that anti-inflams of a topical nature do just that???

Apart from the analgesic effect???

Later

nudenut
nudenut
Thu, Apr 20 2006 10:42 PM

I have a few on this drug. Those with Chronic complaints. Some are not doing well on it as they get way too tired/sleepy. Those that don't have this side affect have made great progress.
All prescribed by docs of course.

RadicalPosture
RadicalPosture
Thu, Mar 16 2006 10:48 PM

where do you get it === sounds like fun ===RP

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it and remove all doubt." SIr Denis Thatcher

Achilles
Achilles
Mon, Mar 13 2006 2:23 PM

Nice one bombers, have come accross this one too. Recently talking to a sports physician who said that in doses of about 10mg seems to calm NS asopposed to 90mg for anti-depressant stuff. Interseting that most people do feel results straight away - not a long term thong though.

A much needed topic as we will all come across these scenarios.

Bombers
Bombers
Sun, Mar 12 2006 2:24 PM

YesI have quite a few chronic clietns on Endep. It's generic name is amitriptyline and also comes in the brand name of Elavil. I believe it is given in very diluted doses for these chronic pain patients including fibromyalgia (being s strong anti-depressant).
In my experience, it seems to have almost immediate affects. How much of this is placebo i'm not sure,....and dont' really care,..as it seems to take the edge off (especially those nasty neurally irritated cases).

People say I'm bias........

< Prev Next >