Back To Home Page

Forum Home     Forum Search     Your Profile / Register     User List     Log In     Log Out     Disclaimer    

Forum Topics > Drugs in Musculoskeletal Medicine > Topical Voltaren > Post a Reply to this Thread
Topical Voltaren
fejsi
fejsi
RE: Topical Voltaren
Thu, Nov 08 2007 10:18 AM

Colin, it was called "The Enemies of Reason". Two parts.

fejsi

ColinRossie
Thu, Nov 08 2007 9:04 AM

fejsi Wrote:

Recently i saw Richard Dawkins new doco series were he attacks alternate therapies (not released here in oz yet). Normally i like Dawkis logic.

A lot of his points mocking some of the more weird alt therapies are valid, but his staunch defense of Big Pharma in his arguments against anything natural made wonder who funded the production.

Can you remember the name of the show?

It seems a pity, cause I normally like Dawkins' attitude toward the inanity of the irrational. Perhaps my regard is misplaced and he isn't really a free thinke, just someone who has swallowed scientific skepticism wholus bolus without any intelligent discrimination.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors" Plato

suspension
suspension
Fri, Oct 05 2007 7:20 AM

I agree with your statements guys, but don't get like some of my naturopathic friends, remember we do need a strong medical model.

Perhaps a little stronger and less deceitful than the previous examples though

Achilles
Achilles
Thu, Oct 04 2007 8:55 AM

I think sometimes they forget the fact that a large percentage of pharmaceutical products are synthetic derivatives of a chemical constituent found in plants, nature, the ground etc. Concentrated and booooooommm! You have a very strong drug that has pronounced effects.

There are many reports of how many die from your evertday Aspirin alone!

fejsi
fejsi
Thu, Oct 04 2007 7:40 AM

Your on it in a nutshell Achilles.

Recently i saw Richard Dawkins new doco series were he attacks alternate therapies (not released here in oz yet). Normally i like Dawkis logic.

A lot of his points mocking some of the more weird alt therapies are valid, but his staunch defense of Big Pharma in his arguments against anything natural made wonder who funded the production.

Achilles
Achilles
Thu, Oct 04 2007 7:30 AM

Those pharmaceutical trials.............................................Recently in the U.S. a drug company was found in court numerous times paying out 12 million in lawsuits but apparently considered that worth the risk after taking 6 billion in profits!!!! They don't really give a rats!!

For some it a cost/risk/benefit analysis

fejsi
fejsi
Thu, Aug 16 2007 9:57 PM

Biggins, some research into the process of allowing Aspartame onto the market back in the late 70s may go some of the way to answering your question.

Im sure its not unique in its politics. And im sure "trials" were done. Same guys who tested Vioxx i believe.

biggins
biggins
Mon, Aug 13 2007 1:48 PM

All over the news this morning regarding Prexige. How could something possibly get this far without decent clinical trials?

We are but a piece of one huge puzzle,....recognise it

Socratease
Socratease
Mon, Aug 13 2007 12:52 PM

Bleedin' heck. If you ever wanted to find a sector of the health industry bogged down by vested interest, look no further than the pharmaceutical companies. Incredibly sinister and pernicious influence on the delivery of healthcare if you ask me. And you guys are worried about STTs prescribing orthotics ...

What's that? You weren't asking?

Trifle deaf ... hand me that vial of acuotophixoflage stat!

"Can it be believed that the democracy which has overthrown the feudal system and vanquished kings will retreat before tradesmen and capitalists?". de Tocqueville

suspension
suspension
Mon, Aug 13 2007 12:20 PM

Did anyone read the paper on Friday just gone on Prexige??

An oral Anti-inflam designed and targetted at osteo-arthritis that may be pulled from the market. I went to an allied industry dinner recently that was sponsored by the company that makes Prexige and got more samples than you can poke a stick at!

It seems STT's aren't the only ones that want more research in their own industry.

Remember, we treat people who take this stuff...................

< Prev Next >